Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist and the co-founder of the Flow Genome Project. He is one of the worlds leading experts on ultimate human performance and his most recent book, “The Rise Of Superman” was one of the most talked about books in 2014 and the first book in history to chart simultaneously in four different categories on national bestseller lists (sports, science, psychology and business).
In the book, Steven decodes the science of flow, an optimal state of peak performance where the impossible becomes possible—with critical implications in business, education, technology, and society as a whole.
In this very intense conversation, we go really deep into the subject of flow and discuss the many ways we can achieve this “ultimate” state of peak human performance.
- Currently resides in Taos, New Mexico with his wife, Joy
- Studied at Johns Hopkins University
- His work has been translated into over 40 different languages
- His book, “The Rise of Superman” is the first book in history to simultaneously chart in four different categories on national best seller lists
- His book, “A Small, Furry Prayer” was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize
- What is flow and why you need it in your life
- What are the four parts of the flow cycle
- Is it possible to cheat/hack your way into flow
- Why watching Television can be affecting you in more ways than you think
- How to find your flow “sweet spot” once you're in a state of flow
- What are flow triggers and how to identify them
- The importance of proper rest and how not enough rest can affect your way into flow
Steven Kotler – Steven's Website
The Flow Genome Project – Join the flow revolution!
The Rise Of Superman – Get the Book
Abundance – Get the Book
Peter Diamandis – Co Author of Abundance
Jesse Elder – Action Philosopher
Malcolm Gladwell – Get the book, Outliers