Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them. That’s why he created his revolutionary system known as Getting Things Done®. GTD is the work-life management system that has helped countless individuals and organizations bring order to chaos. GTD enables greater performance, capacity, and innovation. It alleviates the feeling of overwhelm—instilling focus, clarity, and confidence.
After decades of in-the-field research and practice of his productivity methods, he wrote the international best-seller Getting Things Done. Published in over 28 languages, TIME magazine heralded it as “the defining self-help business book of its time.” In 2015, he released a new edition of the book, with new insights, updates, and discoveries about the world of Getting Things Done and its many personal and professional applications. Today, his company is a thriving global training and consulting company, widely considered the leading authority in the fields of organizational and personal productivity.
Meet David Allen. In this conversation, he lays out the foundation of his incredible GTD system and debunks many of the productivity and time management myths we have all been led to believe.
- Currently resides in Amsterdam with his wife Kathryn
- Is a NYT Best selling author, keynote speaker and consultant to CEOs and Fortune 500 companies all over the world
- His GTD system has been called revolutionary and is considered by many to be the best productivity system ever created
- What is Getting Things Done and how it could change your life
- The 5 Step process to becoming a productivity ninja
- Why our minds make a terrible office
- How to empty your mind (no, really)
- Is multi-tasking even possible? Dispelling the myths of multi-tasking
- Why your creativity may be throwing you offand how to change it (FAST)
- What are the 6 levels of commitmentand why you need to know
- The importance of regular reflection in your life/business and developing a system that works for you
- A RADICAL approach to goal setting
- Davids morning routine
- And SO much more.
David Allen Gettingthingsdone.com/meet-david
Getting Things Done Gettingthingsdone.com
Davids Ted Talk Youtube.com
Steven Kotler Flowgenomeproject.co
BJ Fogg Bjfogg.org
Brain Chains Get the book
Getting Things Done Get the book
Ready for anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Getting Things Done Get the book