It all started in a basement.
With some borrowed video equipment, a baby, a couple of props and a huge amount of PASSION, an empire was born!
In this inspiring story you will hear how a former high school teacher took her dream and not only turned it into a reality, but turned it into a multi-million dollar business and an eventual billion dollar brand.
Meet Julie Aigner Clark. She is the creator and founder of the (now Disney owned) Baby Einstein Company and a truly remarkable human being. In this edition of Big Wig Nation, you will learn how passion, determination and good intentions turned her and the Baby Einstein Company into a household name.
- No formal business experience
- Worked out of her home
- Invested $18,000 of savings on initial product
- Sold company to Disney in 2001
- In 2009, brand value was estimated at $400 million!
- Appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, Good Morning America and many other major media outlets
- Was recognized by George W. Bush in the 2007 State of the Union Address
- After several battles with cancer, she currently lives cancer free
- You will learn the importance of properly identifying you target market
- Knowing how to recognize where your brand fits in and more importantly, where it doesn't
- How costly mistakes are only costly when you don't learn from them
- Why listening to your intuition is probably one of the most important instincts of entrepreneurship
- That having the right mindset even in the most challenging of times is VITAL to success
- Knowing when to say enough is enough